Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another digital slideshow by Smilebox
Micheal and Laura’s Full Shroom Adventure began with a pick up at the airport by the Bel A-car and ended with a drop off at the airport by Bel Adinghy. After their airport pickup, we brought them over to the Bel Ami which was lying at anchor at Secret Harbor. We shoved off, light northerly winds favoring a one tack sail to Francis Bay. The North Swell caused waves to break over Johnson’s reef as we sailed by and picked up a mooring in time to enjoy a great sunset. Next day saw us checking into Soper’s Hole, where we picked up a slip in preparation for the Full Moon Mushroom Tea party at Bomba’s Shack. That night, we partied hardy at Bomba’s Shack while enjoying the lovely ambiance of people’s underwear hanging from the rafters! Talk about bloomers!! Next day we sailed across the north side of Tortola, past Monkey Point, through the Camanoe Passages and threw the hook down by Marina Cay. Then we sailed up to Gorda Sound, stopping by the Dogs for lunch and a snorkel over the airplane wreck on the south side of Great (or George?) Dog. Woof!! Made Robin’s Bay after dark, dropped the hook to a quiet and peaceful anchorage, then went to the Bitter End to watch the Packers clobber the Atlanta Falcons. Also met up with Mike and Nancy, our former charter guests who were now bareboating. The following day we explored Gorda Sound including lunch at Oil Nut Bay where we hobnobbed with the rich and famous. After our 2nd night in Gorda Sound we shoved off and headed down the Sir Francis Drake Channel, stopping at Peter Island resort for a hot tub and last minute Spa Treatment for Michael and Laura, then on to Normal Island and a visit to the infamous Willi-T floating bar/restaurant. Next day saw our return to the US Virgins, anchoring at Christmas Cove for the evening. Next morning we shoved off early because Michael and Laura had a plane to catch. We made Lindberg Bay by the airport, said our farewells and took Micheal and Laura to shore in the Bel Adinghy. Yes, they walked the 5 minutes to the airport with wet feet, but would have it no other way. A great week with great new friends. Can’t wait to howl at the full moon again!